KLM Practical Information
› Guidelines liquids, aerosols and gels (LAG) in hand luggage
Liquids, aerosols and gels must be in containers with a maximum capacity not exceeding 100ml. Containers must be packed in a transparent re-sealable plastic bag; one bag is allowed per passenger and must be presented separately for examination at the security screening point.
› Check-In Information
At Amsterdam Airport Schiphol, check-in desks open at 5:00am for all flights.
- Recommended check in time for the Caribbean & Antilles: 2 hours before departure.
- Check-in closing time before scheduled departure*: 60 minutes.
* Check-in closing time is the final moment that you may check-in.
• Checking in online
is the fastest and simplest way of checking in. In just a couple of easy steps passengers can check in themselves as well their travelling companions.
• If you are unable to, you can still check in at one of the self-service check-in machines
at the airport. Both procedures are clearly described, step by step, on www.klm.com
• If you are already checked in, you can also use the self-service check-in machines to print your boarding pass. They are available round the clock at Amsterdam Airport Schiphol. At most other airports, the self-service check-in machines are available for checking in and printing boarding passes at least two hours before flight departure.
• Baggage drop-off:
if you have already checked in, you only need to hand over your check-in baggage at one of the baggage drop-off points at the airport. Most airports accept your baggage up to 2 hours before your flight departs on the day of departure.
You will be issued a baggage claim tag for every bag that you check in. Make sure to save these tags until you have received your baggage at your destination.
Please take into consideration that there may be lines at the check-in counters, kiosks and immigration- & security checkpoints. In accordance with the Transportation Policy, KLM cannot be held accountable if the passenger is at the gate on time.
› Baggage Allowance
Your exact baggage allowance is always stated on your ticket.
At the airport, each piece of baggage is weighed separately. If your baggage exceeds the allowed amount, weight and/or dimensions, this is considered excess baggage. You can bring this at an excess baggage fee.
Some of KLM’s partner airlines have different baggage rules. Please contact the airline concerned for further details.
Free baggage allowance:
• Economy Class 1 item of check-in baggage*, each max. 23 kg (50.5 lbs), max. 158 cm (62 inches) l + w + h
• Business Class 2 items of check-in baggage, each max. 32 kg (70.5 lbs), max. 158 cm (62 inches) l + w + h
• Flying Blue Silver, Gold and Platinum members and SkyTeam Elite and Elite Plus members: +1 item of check-in baggage, max. 158 cm (62 inches) l + w + h, and:
- max. 23 kg (50.5 lbs) in Economy Class
- max. 32 kg (70.5 lbs) in Business Class
All baggage you do not check in but take with you in the cabin is called hand baggage
. You can stow this baggage in the overhead baggage compartment or under the seat.
KLM advises you to minimize your hand baggage as much as possible, following hand baggage is allowed:
- Economy Class: 1 bag measuring 55 x 25 x 35 cm (21.5 x 10 x 13.5 inch) (l x w x h)*, your hand baggage, including accessories, may not exceed 12 kg (26 lbs).
- Business Class: 1 bag measuring 55 x 25 x 35 cm (21.5 x 10 x 13.5 inch) (l x w x h)* and one bag smaller than 45 x 20 x 35 cm (18 x 8 x 13.5 inch) (l x w x h), your hand baggage, including accessories, may not exceed 18 kg 40 lbs).
* The sum of the dimensions may not be greater than 115 cm (45 inches), including wheels and handles.
› Forbidden Articles
According to European Union rules, the following articles may not be carried in hand baggage in the cabin of a passenger aircraft:
• Liquids, unless in small quantities and packed separately according to the official rules
• Products of animal origin
• Blunt and edged items
• Explosives, flammable, chemical and toxic substances
Loose lithium batteries, such as rechargeable lithium batteries and AA lithium batteries for laptops and DVD players, may only be carried in hand baggage.
View detailed list of restricted articles on www.klm.com