+53 7 214 0090
|Mon - Fri||:||8.30 am||-||5.15 pm (EST)|
CTN House, Calle 31, No. 1411, e/14 y 18
Miramar, Playa, Havana
Book online or Email Us
(0)5 286 8492 (Alexie)
(0)5 279 9533 (Deisy)
(0)5 285 5323 (Maykeem, Havana Airport)
(01)5 285 2323 (Pedro Luis)
CAYO SANTA MARIA, ENSENACHOS, LAS BRUJAS
(01)5 285 6885 (Yenier)
SANTIAGO DE CUBA
(01)5 271 8155 (Fernando)
(01)5 271 3480 (Carlos Rafael)
(0)21 64 51 64 (Roger)
|Sancti Spiritus is the most central province of Cuba. Its provincial boundaries enclose a large number of attractions, including the illustrious town of Trinidad. Actually Trinidad owes its existence to the sugar industry that flourished in the nearby Valley de los Ingenios (Valley of the Sugar Mills) from the late 18th century to the late 19th century.
Vestiges of this period still can be found here, such as the Manaca Iznaga tower (1750), named after one of the richest people of that time. A tower of 44 meters was built next to his hacienda to control the slaves. Today, after climbing it reveals the friendliest panoramas of the breathtaking environment. Trinidad and the Valley de los Ingenios are declared World Heritage Site by UNESCO (1988).
Situated on the riverbanks of the river Yayabo, the settlement of Espiritu Santo now Sancti Spíritus (City) is where you can enjoy the spirit of a quiet colonial city. It was founded by the Spaniards (Diego Velazquez) in 1514 as one of the original seven Cuban cities. Historically, Sancti Spíritus City has been somewhat neglected and has to compete with Trinidad, but the authentic ambience of the place is certainly worth a visit or stay over.
Just outside Sancti Spíritus is Embalse Zaza, Cuba’s largest manmade lake. The freshwater lake is popular among fishermen and the areas around it are now pristine wetlands, home to many (water) birds.
Nature lovers and hikers visiting Sancti Spíritus province will also enjoy exploring one of the most important mountainous systems in the Island, the Sierra del Escambray.
But there are also beaches such as Playa Ancon is at about 12km south of Trinidad adjacent to the Caribbean Sea.